Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Raising Two - Two Year Olds

So, here I am trying out this whole blogging thing. Like I have time to be sitting here writing a blog! As you all know, Chad and I have twin boys Wes and Will. Just a little history before I get started, the boys were born via a scheduled c-section on December 1, 2006. I was 38 weeks pregnant. Wesley Aaron came in weighing 6lbs 3oz and was 19in long. William Daniel came in weighing 7lb 3oz and was 19in long. Yes, I was HUGE! That is the question I most often get, "How big was your belly?". Now that you have the 411 let's get started!

Wes and Will are now two and so far we have conquered the task of walking, breaking the bottle habit, breaking the pacy habit, and now time for potty training! I thought it would be a lot easier than it has been. They just don't seem to be interested in the whole taking time out from playing to go "pee-pee" on the potty. What do I do? They are sitting on the potty most of the day with a drink in hand. They could care less at the whole you get a prize if you potty. They know they will be going to visit the grandparents soon enough! If any of you have any suggestions on this potty training thing, please let me know! THANKS!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, this is my first time ever to post to a Blog!....Don't stress about it. In my experience making them sit there made it worse. It makes the potty a "no fun zone". Two is still real early. When they do go the potty just a "alright" and a "high 5"; I bet when one sees that it's neat the other will follow. Do you have the Rick and Bubba or any other potty music? Just keep you one of those little CD/clock radios in the bathroom maybe. Let me know and I'll see if I can find the Rick and Bubba CD I used to sing "Pee-Pee in the Potty" all the time. xoxo "Great" Aunt Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog! :) As you know, we tried potty training last week and it lasted a whole two days!! Even though Luke is almost three, I just don't think he is ready. You just have to trust your instincts! They can't wear diapers forever... I hope!

    ReplyDelete